From October 1, 2019 until December 31, 2019, the Society for Animation Studies is accepting electronic submission of articles dedicated to the scholarly study of animation history and theory published from 2017 to 2019 for the McLaren-Lambart Award to be announced June 2020.
Work must be self-submitted by the author (not the publisher), and the author must have active membership in the Society for Animation Studies for the current year. The author should limit submission to one single published article that best represents his/her scholarship during the period from 2017 to 2019.
Published work must be submitted in one of these three formats:
• Microsoft Word document (.doc or.docx)
• Rich Text Format (.rtf)
• Acrobat Reader File (.pdf)
No notes will be returned on submissions. By virtue of publication, the article has already been reviewed. The jury’s process is confidential.
The submitted article should be emailed as an attachment to be received before December 31, 2019, and dues must be paid prior to submission.
• Email to: email@example.com
• Write in Subject Line: Submission to SAS: 2017-2019 Scholarly Article on Animation
• Attach redacted article: remove author’s name and publisher from all pages.
• Include in the body of your email, but nowhere in your essay, the following numbered information:
1. A full bibliographic citation of publication.
2. Note whether or not the publication was peer-reviewed.
3. If the article was not peer-reviewed, please note if published by editorial
invitation, academic institution, and/or open submission.
4. If applicable, please note if the original essay was authored as a part of academic studies, the name of your supervising Professor, and institution.
5. Remember to include all contact information: email and telephone number (with country + city area codes if not in the USA).
Please note: all information requested above for inclusion in your email has no bearing whatsoever on the selection process. All submissions bear equal weight in the eyes of the jury committee.
ABOUT YOUR SUBMITTED ESSAY:
• Please redact your name and all other identifying information of author and publisher on all pages. While it is a challenge for this to be a fully blind submission given the small community of published scholars in animation at this time, an effort is made to afford the jury selection committee optimal conditions to evaluate all submissions equally. On a cover page or on the first page of your essay, please include a header note [in brackets] for the word count of the article. When an email is received with the attached submission, a reply will be sent to the author from the Chair of the 2019 selection committee, Dr. Janeann Dill, on behalf of the SAS selection committee, confirming your article has been received and will be evaluated for the 2019 McLaren-Lambart Award to be announced in June 2020.
• There are no professional or academic affiliations required for consideration other than being an active member with paid dues to SAS at the time of submission. Please do not submit your article until you have fully paid your dues.
• Any and all SAS members are encouraged to submit a published article whether an independent scholar, an institutionally affiliated scholar or an animation practitioner.
• The committee will not re-publish nor distribute work received.
The jury will choose one of all of the essays submitted to receive the SAS award. Articles published prior to 2017 or after 2019 are not eligible for this current award; such articles will be eligible for the 2020 Norman McLaren-Lambart Award.
Dr. Janeann Dill, Ph.D., MFA, Chair of Jury firstname.lastname@example.org